Halibut Fishing Charters
Homer, Alaska is the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.”The Halibut limit is still 2 Halibut per person per day in 2017!
2017 Halibut Fishing Regulations for Area 3A:
- You are allowed a daily bag limit of 2 halibut: one Halibut can be any size and one Halibut must be 28 inches or less
- You are allowed an annual limit of 4 charter caught Halibut per person.
- No charter fishing allowed for Halibut on Wednesdays.
- We are available for Salmon and Rockfish charters on Wednesdays
We would love to take you halibut fishing in beautiful Kachemak Bay and Cook Inlet! Our captains are friendly, knowledgable and love to show their anglers a great time!
Fish with Bob’s for your halibut which can sometimes be caught the size of a “barn door.”
Bob’s fishermen have landed many halibut that weigh in the 100-300 pound range! What huge fish! Pacific halibut are delicous to eat and your family and friends will love their taste. According to ADF&G, the Kachemak Bay halibut averages in size from about 15-17 pounds and those halibut are the younger, tender ‘good eating’ sizes. On our full day charters, we give you the opportunity to try to catch our bigger halibut and experience the anticipation and the excitement about what size halibut might bite your line!
Homer is “just for the halibut”! Let us show you a good time and have some fun halibut fishing together!
- Full Day Halibut Fishing: We offer full day halibut fishing trips on our big boat, the Nauti-Lady, as well as on our 6 passenger boats. Our usual departure time is 7 am and the return time is between 4-6pm. In September after Labor Day usually we depart later as the daylight time becomes shorter.
- 3/4 Day Halibut Fishing: In addition to full day trips we offer 3/4 day halibut fishing trips. These trips are designed for folks that wish to do a little bit more fishing than a half day trip and a little less than a full day trip. Our usual departure time is at 8am and the boat returns between 3-4pm and you will be placed on the Nauti-Lady a 17 passenger US Coast Guard inspected vessel.
- 1/2 Day Halibut Fishing: If you only wish to go out for a half-day halibut fishing trip, we can find you a boat in the harbor. We work with most of the other charter operators in Homer.
- Multi-Day Fishing Trips: We do offer overnight and multi-day fishing trips where you can go out and potentially catch up to 4 halibut, 10 rockfish, and your bag limit for lingcod or salmon depending on the type of trip you schedule. The best time to fish for Salmon is between late July through September. Lingcod fishing is available after July 1st.
- Combination Fishing Trips: We can combo together Halibut with Salmon, Halibut with Rockfish, or Halibut with Lingcod and Rockfish if you are on a 6 passenger boat. Combos are not available on the Nauti-Lady, our 17 passenger boat.
Homer Jackpot Halibut Derby
Don’t forget to enter into the Homer Jackpot Halibut Derby so when you catch “a big one” or a tagged fish you’ll have a chance to win those prizes that can add up to big bucks! The tickets are $10 per person.
Help us break the record. Come along and help Bob’s Trophy Charters break the current state record by catching a halibut that weighs 450lbs!! You never know which fish will bite your line and wouldn’t that be exciting for us all ? No matter what size fish you catch, you’ll be sure to have fun fishing with our terrific crew!
Go for it!